One month down eleven to go.
2018 is underway, and I have no idea what I’m doing with my life!
I’m very checklist oriented and making my lists public keeps me even more accountable so here are my 2018 goals.
- Publish a newsletter (no matter how small) during the first week of each month.
- Finish the first drafts and have in the editing phase three pieces of work
- I Will Never Be Her
- Hallmark submission
- Undecided third W.I.P.
- Publish at least one piece
- Create a presentation for high school / teen writing clubs on the self-publishing process
- Attend some form of writing conference or class in person or online.
- Be better about blogging
- Get in shape. So cliche I know…trust me I know. However, I’ve reached the point where I have no choice but to get in shape or I’m going to go crazy. I think I’ve finally found the missing piece to the fitness puzzle for me: Strong Heart Fitness Ministry. I have never been so motivated or stuck to a routine this well (I’m only two weeks in…I’ve usually given up by now).
- Go on a ‘vacation’ with my husband. By vacation I mean maybe a long weekend kid free. In 2017 we did this for the first time in the 8 years we’ve been together. We canNOT wait another 8 years.
- Figure out what I want to do for a “real job”. I keep meaning to write a post on the crazy roller coaster I’ve been on in the job realm, but life keeps getting in the way. Let’s just say this is a difficult topic for me and I am really struggling to make decisions.
- Be better about blogging. Yes, I see this as a personal goal as well. I have several other blogs / digital journals that have been neglected lately and that needs to change.